God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Sunday, January 29, 2006


How much stuff does it take for a boy to live in Florida for 7 1/2 months.

In Wes's case it is a car full. His car was stuffed to the ceiling. There wasn't enough room for one more thing it is stuffed so full that the trunk didn't want to shut and you can't open either of the back doors without catching stuff before it falls out.

I really can't believe the time is here! He is leaving for Walt Disney World tomorrow morning at 10:00 a.m. My little boy will be on his own for the first time.

I'm not worried about Wes he is a smart level headed young man but I do worry about other people. He drives smart and will drive safely. I just hope the people around him do too!

I also hope he realizes everyone is not good. That there are bad people out there that will take advantage of him. I know it's something he has to learn but at the same time I hope he doesn't have to learn it the hard way. I guess I'm just being a worrying mom, he is my last to go off on his own. I guess just because he's my baby I worry more.

At least he is meeting up with a young woman that he has been talking to online and on the phone a lot. She seems like a smart nice young lady so that should help him with the homesickness.

I hope everything works out for him! He is so excited about this I hope everything works out for him. But, being a mom I'll worry about him the whole time he is gone.

1 comment:

Michelle W. said...

I think being a mom our job requires for us worry about our kid for the rest of our lives right. lol. Hugs!

Michelle