God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Wes is so so cruel!!!!!!! He called me from the tram going into the parks, then he called me while he was on the monorail so I had to listen to it's speil and cruelist of all he called me from the Magic Kingdom where I had to listen to the background music and all the happy people. then he had the nerve to ask me if I was wanting to come for a visit!

I'm going to shoot the kid!

He really talked to me this afternoon though and he's a little disappointed that he didn't end up in one of the parks but so so happy he doesn't have the jobs 2 of his roomates have. One is fast food at the All Stars and Jonathan is doing the back stage tour and has 56 pages of stuff to memorize. Another apartment mate is doing the Safari ride at Animal Kingdom. So as far as the numbers of hours worked Wes will probably work the most hours the only one that can come close to as many hours is the apartment mate that works at All Stars. The others will have shortened hours because park hours are shorter.

Wes has already been told that he will be working from 2:00 p.m. till 12;00 p.m. next week, not sure how many days yet but at least for a while. They couldn't have gotten anyone better to work at a pin station. Wes has been collecting since the millinium and knows his pins well. There won't be a big learning curve for him and I"m sure his manager will appreciate that. He also loves helping little kids so that will make him perfect for this job.

I can't wait to get some more pictures. He is supposed to send me pictures of his apt tonight. And hopefully he will upload some pictures of the Magic Kingdom. He has still not gotten his big camera out! Just using his little point and shoot! I want some awesome pictures for scrapbooking :(

Oh well I need to email him and have him e-mail me the pictures he took of the main gate and of some of the lego sculptures so I can do some photoshop on them.

I'm going to do something one of my friends does post the things I have to be thankful for:

1) Wes arrived at Disney safely and will be doing something he loves while he is down there.
2) I will file his taxes and his fafsa tonight I finally got the last 1099
3) I'm so so thankful for the wonderful friends I have!

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

Oh no, LOL! Sounds like they get crueller as they get older! My 2 year old's idea of cruel is setting off my car alarm and hiding the de-activater! Not quite as painful as being taunted with Disneyland...

Michelle W. said...

lol. If your kid don't torture you who else would do it.

Michelle