God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

I was busy last night I loaded and unloaded my dishwasher picked up the living room and even managed to do a layout. Now today I’m wiped out. I have to clean tonight because tomorrow night I’m going to see a stage production of Peter Pan with a friend of mine. I take care of her horses when she has to go some place and she’s paying me back with taking me to the show. I’m excited about seeing it.

I am still amazed with the layout I did from Ali’s challenge. I never dreamed it would turn out even half way decent with the pink and green paper in there.

On a more somber note I got a call from my best friend last night that started out we are ok! That is never good news! They live in St. Louis and had either really really bad straight line winds or a tornado go through. Lots of damage all over the place near them. They were blessed with just on huge limb on their back porch and lots of little limbs every where. I haven’t talked to her today but, she’s in my thoughts and prayers. Last I knew they were among the lucky ones that had power. Especially since it’s in the 100’s today and their little girl has asthma.

Everyone please keep them in your thoughts and think of all of the poor folks I Israel that are dealing with these awful rocket attacks.

No comments: