God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Where in the heck does the weekend go. I feel like I never left work! Why can't we work 2 days a week and have 5 day weekends. Or better yet how about working once a month and having rest of the month off. But, I have to make the same amount or more then I do now.

I've been off of my RA meds for the last week because I was getting a nasty cold and I knew that if I went off the Enbrel my body would fight it off. So tonight I get back on my meds. Only problem is that when I'm off my meds I'm so exhausted where my body is attacking it's self. I can't wait to get everything back under control.

I wouldn't wish this nasty disease even on my ex and I didn't think there would ever be anything I didn't wish on him.

Well we got bad news on my mom's best friend Leonore she has cancer clear through her body. They think it started in her uterus and then spread. The are going to do chemo and radiation but she's 77 and it doesn't look promising. I feel so awful for her and her family. What a nasty monster to find out you have. And I also feel for my mom because her friends are all getting older and she has lost so many in the last few yrs. I know she get lonely and now she might be losing one of her best friends.

I hope that everyone had a nice weekend..and I hope yours felt longer then mine did :)

BTW, Go Ohio State Buckeyes!!! Way to go beating the Hawkeyes!

1 comment:

christina said...

I know what you mean about the weekend flying by LOL okay so I haven't even had a weekend LOL.

My mom has to go off of her methyl when she gets sick too so that her body can fight it. sounds like methyl and enbrel are a lot alike. she gets exhausted too and i feel for you and her and hope i don't ever get it. Most ppl do not realize that it is an auto-immune disease and that your body is attacking itself. I think more awareness needs to be brought up about this debilitating disease. Especially since a lot of ppl think that osteo arthritis and RA are the same thing.

I am so sorry that Leonore has cancer. that sucks that they didn't find it in time before it spread. sooo sad and your mom is going to need a lot of support and so is Leonore. (((hugs)))