God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Ok I'm sure you are all tired of seeing pictures but I couldn't resist this one Jake just looks so into watching the neighbor raking his leaves. You can almost hear him thinking hmmmm if I could get out of this door I could really make a mess out of that nice big pile of leaves!

And a special Wahoooo to my friend Michelle (Mad Scrapper Mom) for getting a grant for her library to do a series of programs for special needs children! Way to go Michelle! For those of you that don't know Michelle and Jim's daughter Madelyn has Autism. She is an amazing little girl that I hope and pray someday with lots of love and help will break through this shell of silence! God Bless Michelle.

2 comments:

Alli said...

LOVE that picture!!!! What a sweet dog.....makes me acutally want one!!! (NOT a dog person here...)

Congrats to Michelle on gettng the grant....what a cool thing! I've taught special ed. my whole career....love to see things getting done for them!

Michelle said...

Thank you Jane. I thank God and my Madelyn everyday for giving me this special opportunity to help others and spread autism awareness wherever I go.