God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Good morning I’ve been terrible about updating my blog. It’s been so busy getting ready for the holidays I don’t know if things will ever slow down. Tomorrow I have to go to the other side of Columbus to a meeting about federal aid. We are leaving at 5:30 in the morning and probably won’t be home till late tomorrow night.

I’m tired just thinking about it I know I’ll be totally exhausted on Wednesday. I wish I could come in late but I know I can’t. The worst of it I won’t be getting paid for all of the extra time.

But, I guess once in a while I can handle it.!

I think I have my Christmas shopping done. Can’t swear to it but I believe I’m finished. Now I have to get everything wrapped and under the tree. It just really doesn’t seem like Christmas to me I think just the fact that no one is home is what’s doing it.

It would be different if Jenna and Wes could come home even for just a day or two but they can’t. I miss that young and enthused present in the house. There is just the old man dog Jake and I and neither one of us get to excited about anything! LOL!

I’m going to stop at Walmart on my way home tonight and get butter and a few other things and this coming weekend I’m going to get my fruit cake made and I may make one batch of cookies.

Mom is fixing fried chicken, noodles, mashed potatoes, corn, cranberry salad and assorted pies for Christmas dinner. I still need to find out if the kids are planning on Christmas day or a day or two before Christmas.

It really doesn’t matter to me what ever works best for them.

I hope all of my friends that read this are ready and excited for Christmas. Merry Christmas to all and to those of you that celebrate other religious celebrations this time of year I hope your holidays and holy days are also safe and happy.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

And Merry Christmas to you too Jane! Your family will always be in your heart even if you can't all be together.