God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hello all! I’m still in Columbus with Sabrina and Brian going home tomorrow and getting back in the swing of things. I really don’t look forward to going back to work. Don’t get me wrong I like my job and the people I work with. I’ve just loved spending time with my daughter and granddaughter.

Mikaela is growing like a little weed. I can’t believe how fast she’s changing every day. And Sabrina is back in all of her before Pregnancy clothes. She still has a little tummy to lose but she’s almost there already. Sabrina is still pretty tired if she does much but that is getting better day by day. This afternoon we are going through Mikaela’s drawers and anything she has already outgrown is getting stored and adjusting her drawers so that the stuff she’s in right now is in the easy to reach drawers.

I think Jake is going to be sad to go home too. He’s enjoyed having Cortes to hang around with. They just hang out together when ever we go out and wait for us to come home. He has been so good up here. No trouble at all just paces whenever Mikaela cries. He can’t stand her to cry.

Cortes was a little bit of a bugger a couple of times. He was showing a little jealousy by getting into the garbage and also pulled some of my stuff out and chewed on it. But, nothing that couldn’t be fixed or replaced; and that is just so unusual for him we know it’s trying to adjust to the new family member.

Well I better get off need to start a load of baby clothes and get upstairs and start sorting. Talk to everyone later.

God Bless,

Jane

3 comments:

LadySnow said...

It was so good to see you yesterday! Hope you bought your daughter some new pants. ;)

Linda said...

I'm glad you are enjoying time with your dd and granddaughter.

Unknown said...

Time with with precious children, such as granddaughters, is something that priceless above all else. I'm so glad you've had this time with her and your daughter.