God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Had a nice weekend; I got to see Jerod, Erin, Sabrina, Brian and Mikaela. I love watching all of the kids together, Jerod won’t put Ms Mikaela down for anything he loves her to death. It’s so nice seeing my family together. We spent most of the afternoon at my mom’s. She had made pie and everyone enjoyed spending time with her.

Ripley really loves Mikaela too. She thought I was hurting Mikaela once when I was kissing her feet and making her giggle. She got between me and the little bouncy seat and even though she didn’t growl or anything she kept pushing me away from the baby.

We had taken Cortes down to my house because Cortes and Ripley in mom’s house at the same time are too much! Well Cortes had an accident on my carpet. I’ve scrubbed it about 5 times now and I still have spots. I’m going to try something else tonight when I get home. He has been having trouble with pancreatitis and the poop was very oily. So if anyone has any great ideas on how to get this out of my carpet I would really appreciate it.

I’ve been working on a little tin mini album I should get it finished tonight or tomorrow night so that I can share it with everyone. It’s going to be a friendship album. I’m really happy so far with the way it’s turning out. I was supposed to make some frames for work but haven’t managed that yet. The silent auction started today so I guess it’s not that important.

Does anyone else ever get overwhelmed with all they have in supplies and think about just hanging it up? I have tried for so many yrs to get published and on teams and never seem to make it. Sometimes I just feel like I should hang it up. Can you tell it’s the holidays again and I’m a little down…I know I will never give up my scrapping I love it to much. It’s my creative outlet! I think my head would probably explode if I didn’t have it. But, there are times I wonder why I do it all. Hopefully Mikaela will love her layouts when she’s older! I sure have a ton of them. I’ve already filled a book and she’s only 4 months old today.

Well I really should get off of here and play with my reports. I need to balance fall. I just can’t seem to get motivated to do much of anything right now. I am probably the exception to the rule but I’ll be glad when the holidays are over.

And I would like to leave you with this quote:

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.--Martin Luther King Jr.


God Bless,

Jane

4 comments:

Marcene said...

Jane you are super talented and I love looking at your work, hang in there and remember why you scrap! Glad to hear you had a nice weekend with your family!

LadySnow said...

Mikaela will treasure all of the things her grandma does for her. :o)

Unknown said...

Jane, i love your layouts...and you are a very talented scrapper. I was looking at the huge pile of layouts I had the other day...which are not in albums and I thought...what the heck am I going to do with all these?? HA! Hang in there....

Linda said...

Love the layout of Mikaela, so cute!

I understand how you feel about scrapping. I could have wrote that! And there are some days I still feel that way. We should start a support group. :)