God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Monday, December 05, 2005

I’ll preface the beginning of my blog with an apology for rambling before I even start it. This is going to be the place where I can get what’s bugging me off my chest.

So at the current time what’s really bothering me is a lady I know from a scrapbook site. At one point I thought she was a really nice person with a lot of hardships. But, then I found out that she is a user and a manipulator.

This person is one of those people that thinks the whole world is out to get her and that she never does anything wrong. But, yet she talks about people behind their backs, she says nasty things about other people and even worse she leaves her small child to grow up with her on the computer 24/7. It took me a while to realize this so I blame my self for getting sucked in. And for a while I really came to dislike this person, but now I just feel sorry for her. She really is a very miserable, unhappy, woman.

It must be an awful life to have everything in this world a decent man for a husband, a beautiful child, a mother and father still living, a beautiful home, an education everything that is the American Dream and still be so miserable that all you want to do is spend 24/7 on a message board crying poor, poor pitiful me!

I just can’t understand someone like this…if your marriage is the problem get into counseling. If it’s you then pick yourself up and see what the problem is and work on it. Look around yourself and realize that even though your life isn’t perfect there are people a lot worse off then you are. Then get off the computer and do something about helping yourself and others.

If you are so miserable that you want to complain, then help someone that really has something to complain about. Go out and volunteer at a homeless shelter, an abused spouse shelter, help a mother that has a full time job making minimum wage and still can’t pay for her child to see the doctor. Volunteer at your child’s school, plan a party for needy kids, work a soup kitchen, plan a food drive for your local food pantry get off your butt and do for people that are truly needy.

Take time to sit down and play games with your child. You only have one chance with your children. Don’t blow it! I’ve been blessed with 3 wonderful children that make me smile every day. We have a wonderful close relationship but how I managed that relationship was by doing stuff with them. Not leaving them to entertain themselves while I played on the computer hour after hour.

Do something for others, you might be surprised to find that in helping others you help yourself and feel better about the world in general. Maybe when you wake up and realize that there are people with real problems and real troubles that what you think of as trouble is just all in your imagination.

Life is to short to always be miserable. Help make someone else’s life better, you might find that the spirit of helping is the gift you need to make your life better.

Sorry I just needed to get that off my chest.

Life really is to short to dwell on the negative. If all I did was dwell on the negative I would be in tears everyday. That is not he life I want to live. I want to rejoice in the wonderful friends I have, be happy that I have 3 wonderful children and thank the good Lord every day that I still have at least one of my parents alive and fairly well.

And I want to thank 5 of the most wonderful friends a person has ever had. They have been with me through thick and thin through bad times and good. You 5 know who you are and I want to say I love all of you like sisters!

No comments: