God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Wow it must be my day to really want to talk. I guess being sick on the couch has given me time to think.

I want to talk about good friends. You know the kind of friends that you can call at 2 in the morning just because you need to talk? Those kinds of friends that love you even if you make an ass of yourself, they are always there!

I’m blessed with 5 of these friends. I’ve only met one of them in person and I can promise you she is the sister I never had. And the other 4 are the same….we are sisters in thoughts and actions and more importantly in the heart.

The one thing I always wanted growing up was a sister….now I don’t have just one sister I have 5 it’s so wonderful to know that I can turn on the computer or pick up the phone and if I’m having a bad day one of them are going to be there and willing to listen.

I just really hope that they feel the same about me and know that I’m there for them no matter what. I want to be the same friend to them that they are to me. I want to be with them at 2 in the morning when they have a sick child. I want to be their to share their joys and sorrows…I really want them to know that I am there for them at all times.

1 comment:

Jane H said...

Thank you! I know that I have some of the best friends in the world :)