God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Someone remind me why I thought it was such a great idea to paint my living room????? I know it was in bad shape but my body is going to be in much worse shape. Oh man! I've got half of the ceiling painted and I'm out of paint. Mom's in town so I called her to bring more home. I'm going to finish up the ceiling today and then stop. I'll do the walls tomorrow and hopefully clean carpets on Friday.

My poor arms and legs are killing me from standing on a ladder. I truly need to remember that with the RA my muscles and everything do not work quiet as well. Tomorrow should be better. I can get the trimming done and then do most of the rest of the painting from the floor. And a lot of the trimming will be on the floor around the baseboards.

I put a few Christams pictures up on Flickr I don't know what's wrong with me I'm not getting the good crisp clear pictures I normally get. I know part of it was light. I did order me a flash last night. Now I can get some decent inside pictures. It's one that I can use off camera or on. I got the adapter and can use the $15 one I got on ebay also but it doesn't swivel so I'll use it on flash with some bubble wrap as a devouiser (sp) and the new flash off camera and should have a decent set up. Then maybe I can get some good pictures.

I thin I'm going to see if I can get Jerod to crawl under the house this weekend and move my Tv cord for me! I think I would like my TV in the corner by Wes's room that way I can have more room in the living room. If I don't do that I think I'll at least put one of the book cases there. I love my couch where I have it while painting and if I put my tv in the corner I could see it find from the couch. I guess we will see :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful and happy holiday season and that they have a safe and happy New Years.

I hope all of my friends take care!

1 comment:

Alli said...

painting??? take it easy!