God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Thank heavens it’s Friday. The first week of the quarter is always so nasty! We are so busy you don’t know if you are coming or going and this opening of the quarter is no different.

I so want to go home and take a nap it’s not funny. It has rained for 2 solid days and they say it will rain all day tomorrow. I would love to have a really nice day. I so want to do some photography. I wish I had someone instead of just things to take pictures of. I so want to get better with my people pictures.

Oh well I’ve got to get Wes’s wedding album in the mail for him and Jenna and I also have to get busy and get Rachel’s shower album done and her wedding album started. Since I don’t know what she would like I thought a great shower present would be a nice frame and a scrapbook for her shower pictures.

So I’m going to make her a little 6 x 6 shower album and then I’m also going to do all the pictures for her shower and get them to her on a disk so she can do what she wants with them. I’m also going to try to do some of her getting ready on her wedding day as part of her wedding present.

I hope that her photographer will let me shadow him during the pre-wedding shoots and also during the reception.

Not much going on here! I sign up for my classes at CKC in St. Louis on the 11th. I’ll be staying at Michelle’s again. I’m going to leave here on Thursday. I’m taking Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday and maybe Wednesday off. I’m planning on staying at Michelle’s through Monday and drive home Tuesday if everything works out right. That way we have a little down time to visit. Michelle asked me to bring my camera so I can get some shots of Madelyn! I hope to go to the park or somewhere like that to get some great photos that she can use!

I hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

Alli said...

Sounds like wonderful gifts Jane!!!! And sounds like CKC will be a blast....scrapping, photography and time with friends!