God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Well I got one of those Thanks but no Thanks emails from Human Resources. I expected it but it still kind of hard to get those. But, you know I didn't want to end up going from bad to worse so I'll be perfectly fine staying where I am.

I know the people I can goof off when I feel the need and not get yelled at. Everyone knows that I work hard and get my work done. I guess I was meant to stay where I was.

So where is everyone at with their shopping? I realized today that I forgot to pick up Maya's gift how I forgot I have no idea I guess my brain is totally gone! I need to get a shopping list together and get to the store. I need butter for my fruit cake I went to make it last night and realized I was out of butter. I never run out of butter :) Guess that shows I've been terrible about not doing shopping since it just me at home.

I did sit down on Wednesday night and get all of my gifts wrapped. And I was playing around with the camera last night and got a great shot of Tiger.

















I hope everyone is having a safe and enjoyable holiday season. I truly believe every year things get more busy and hectic. I hope that one day we go back to having the old fashioned enjoy time with the family type of holidays.

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Alli said...

Jane, LOVE that photo of Tiger!!!! Sorry to hear you got the No Thanks letter. That's always a bummer!
I am DONE shopping...I just need to keep telling myself that! DH and I picked up the last stocking stuffers for my brother, his girlfriend and my dad who will all be here Christmas Eve/morning...LOVE filling stockings!