God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Not much going on. Sabrina and Brian are coming down for the weekend. This will probably be the last weekend until after Mikaela is born.

I need to run up to Sam’s some time and pick up water and dog food. Maybe I can talk them into bringing it to me this weekend.

Jerod and Erin are camping this weekend…it’s supposed to be really nice and they have some friends coming in. Sounds like a great time to me and they will enjoy getting away. He’s working 40 hours a week plus going to school full time. So needless to say he’s pretty exhausted.

I’ve not heard from Wes but my mom has. She said he sounded really tired. And that Londyn is not sleeping very well. I hope that she’s growing I would love to see new pictures of her but I guess that’s not going to happen. Wes if you happen to read this I love you and I know Grandma would love new pictures of Londyn.

I’m going to get my new mattress and box springs on Saturday if everything goes right and then I just need a pack and play and the spare bedroom is ready. I would like to get the carpet cleaned in there and in the living room but I think it’s going to have to wait till fall. By the time I keep up with both yards; mine and mom’s. And do everything else that needs done outside this time of yr there isn’t a lot of time left.

I got up this morning and unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. I need to do laundry hopefully I can get some towels and sheets out on the line this weekend. It makes the laundry go a lot faster when I can hang it out. I don’t have to wait for the dryer to finish.
I’m going to stop at the store on the way home and pick up stuff for bbq beef and for veggie pizza. The roast is in the crock pot for tonight; I’ll have roast beef tonight and then shred rest of it up and fix bbq beef with it.

One more day this week and I have 3 whole days off! I can’t wait it will be fun to spend some time with the kids. Hopefully I’ll get to see McKenna, Brian’s sister Michelle’s baby. She is such a cutie…she is 6 weeks old now and can down a 7 oz bottle. She’s been regularly taking 5 to 6 oz’s since she was 4 weeks old. She is sleeping pretty well too, according to the Sabrina; about 5 hours at a time.

Well I hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend. Remember what the holiday means. Stay safe,

Jane

No comments: