God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Well I took mom to Lancaster clothes shopping today. We found her a nice pair of slacks and a really pretty top. It’s hard to take mom shopping any more she’s just so unstable now. I worry that she might not be with us much longer. She has really deteriorated in the last year; she has gone from a self sufficient take care of her self person into some one that needs a lot of help. It’s really very very sad.

Ok enough about that…we had dinner at Red Lobster with Sabrina and Brian. Sabrina is still pretty uncomfortable, lots of back pain and more Braxton Hicks. She said that if she could just get comfortable to sleep she would feel a lot better. They had their second shower at Brian’s work she said they got a lot of nice stuff. She was laughing saying that Mikaela doesn’t need one more thing in newborn size…they have a whole draw clear full. I’m working on an afghan for her it will be for here at the house since I don’t have any blankets her.

I kept Maya papaya last night she was such a good girl. I had such a good time with her. She has grown up so much in the last few months. She is totally in big girl pants now…she only wears pull ups at night just incase. She played with all of the stuffed animals and with Bandit last night. She was so funny she had Bandit running all over the house chasing balls. I get such a kick out of her, where most kids want cookies and milk for a before bed snack she wants pepperoni and cheese. I think she could make a meal on cheese it’s her favorite food next to French fries.

Since I ran today I need to clean tomorrow, I have my bed stripped and clean sheets on it. And the same with Jerod’s bed now I need to get the sheets washed and out on the line. I also got 2 loads of clothes done tonight. My towels and dress clothes are done. It always feels good to get the laundry done.

I talked to Christy she is home from Rachel’s and Rachel and Jay are up but just till tomorrow. I want to see them so bad but it’s not going to happen. I just have too much to do tomorrow and they can’t come up here because they have other commitments. Oh well I’ll get to see them soon.

And I got invited up to the Cape Cod again. I would love to go but with Sabrina so close to delivery there is no way…maybe next yr I can make the trip. I really want to see Deb and the kids…I need to get a little something out to Gabi and Noah they are such sweeties.

No comments: