God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Monday, July 02, 2007

I like the word RESPECT=

Respect is an assumption of good faith and competence in another person or in the whole of oneself. Depth of integrity, trust, complementary moral values, and skill are necessary components.

Respect adds general reliability to social interactions. It enables people to work together in a complimentary fashion, instead of each person having to understand or even agree with every detail of another's method.

I think that if more of the world would show love and respect for each other there would be less fighting and bickering in the world. I try to show respect to everyone until they prove to me they don’t deserve my respect. I can probably count on one hand the number of people that I don’t respect…I can think of only 3 people to be honest.

On the other side of the coin I have so many many people that I love and respect. And there are so many that I think that are such amazing people. I have 3 Michelle’s that I truly find the most amazing people in the world. Vickie and Nancy from KY, shoot all of the girls from LPS, We have so many on the board that deal with so many problems day to day; I just can’t imagine the struggle they deal with daily and they are always upbeat and positive. If any of you read this know that you are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

And the girls from Shaker Box are the same they take everything in stride and go on with life. And their talent is so amazing…and the love they provide to me in return is so special. I just want to say thank you for lifting me up with your love and friendship.

Just a little goodie for you all……..

How many muscles does it take to smile instead of frown…It only takes one more muscle to smile rather then frown? Here is the breakdown for you.

Muscles involved in a "zygomatic" (i.e., genuine) smile:

Zygomaticus major and minor. These muscles pull up the corners of the mouth. They're bilateral (one set on either side of the face). Total number of muscles: 4.

Orbicularis oculi. One of these muscles encircles each eye and causes crinkling. Total: 2.

Levator labii superioris. Pulls up corner of lip and nose. Bilateral. Total: 2.

Levator anguli oris. Also helps elevate angle of mouth. Bilateral. Total: 2.

Risorius. Pulls corner of mouth to the side. Bilateral. Total: 2.

Grand total for smiling: 12.

Principal muscles involved in a frown:

Orbicularis oculi (again). Total: 2.

Platysma. Pulls down lips and wrinkles skin of lower face. Bilateral (though joined at midline). Total: 2.

Corrugator supercilii (bilateral) and procerus (unilateral). Furrow brow. Total: 3.

Orbicularis oris. Encircles mouth; purses lips. Unilateral. Total: 1.

Mentalis. Depresses lower lip. Unilateral. Total: 1.

Depressor anguli oris. Pulls corner of mouth down. Bilateral. Total: 2.

Grand total for frowning: 11.

Now someone please explain to me how every time I’ve seen an unnamed person there is always a frown or scowl on its face.
Oh I know why! It takes more work and this person doesn’t do anything that is more work.

Most of the people that know me know that I smile 95% of the time. I love to smile at people and make them happy! I can’t imagine looking like a grump all the time. What a downer. I’m so happy that I don’t look like that! I smile when I see a baby, I smile when I see a cute picture shoot I laugh all the time.

So I will leave you with a smile and the hope that you have an excellent day and remember to share a smile with a stranger!

Love to all,

Jane

7 comments:

LadySnow said...

Well, I don't know what all is going on, but I know that you have a beautiful smile and I am sure you use it a lot. People today don't use their smiles enough. :)

Jane H said...

Let's just say that it's interesting...if you would like to know more call or email me :)

Michelle said...

The Jane I know smiles and laughs all the time. And her smile makes me smile too.

Anonymous said...

Last time I saw you, Jane, you were smiling non-stop and making others around you so happy that they were also smiling non-stop!

Anonymous said...

The only time I know of Jane not smiling is when people are being immature and hurtful toward her. Jane is an amazing person who I am lucky to know. Her family and friends should cherish her and keep her close to their hearts.

Michelle said...

AMEN Anonymous!!!

Alli said...

Jane....I know I have never met you in person but I appreciate your smile and positive outlook despite those who might not see it (or try to bring you down!). KEEP SMILING!