God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Bandit got into a fight tonight with the neighbors male cat. I don't know who was winning but I went out and broke it up. I think Bandit was holding his own.

There are so many strange people in this world....a friend of mine has the worlds strangest mom. I have some strange people that stalk my blog and have for months. I think they would know that anyone with half a brain can see who views their blog. But, then this person isn't to smart, what can I say?

I can't believe how some people can be so full of themselves. Don't they know that life doesn't revolve around them? And that life is to short to be a pain in the back side. No I know they don't! They think the whole world revolves around nothing but them. They get very upset when everyone doesn't bow down to them. I can't imagine having to live with a person that thinks they are the center of the world. What a sad life it would be to have to live with some one like that. You would never be allowed to have a thought of your own you would have to watch every word you say every step you take!

It would be nice if people could understand the written word. And it would be interesting if people knew the difference between the word deformation and defamation LOL!!!! I mean it's not like they are spelled the same, and they sure the heck don't mean the same :) Since I know you read my blog here is the definitions for you.



Deformation = de·for·ma·tion
NOUN:

1. The act or process of deforming.
2. The condition of being deformed.
2. An alteration of form for the worse.
3. Physics
1. An alteration of shape, as by pressure or stress.
2. The shape that results from such an alteration.



Defamation = def·a·ma·tion
NOUN:

The act of defaming; calumny.

TRANSITIVE VERB:
de·famed , de·fam·ing , de·fames

1. To damage the reputation, character, or good name of by slander or libel. See Synonyms at malign.
2. Archaic To disgrace.

Let's see if this is understood. I'm sure it won't be but when people are so self centered they have no understanding.

Thank you dear Lord for making sure I have true friends. People who care and love me...people who aren't judgmental. People who understand that everyone is different and that people have the right to choices! People who tell the truth and understand what you write. I am blessed with many great friends and I want to thank all of you for being there for me. I just want to say I love you all; thank you for the love and caring that you show me each and every day!

I will leave with this:

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY

TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE

THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE

THINGS I CAN AND THE WISDOM

TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

I work every day with this and I pray that I can continue to live by this. And a special thank you to Vickie for posting our daily devotional on LPS! It has helped me more then you will ever know.

God Bless,

Jane

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This world is full of some real um....interesting people isn't it! Hang in there dear friend. My family is so very lucky to have in our lives.