God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Grrrrr, came in to work today and my computer is corrupted. I have to use my neighbor’s computer while she’s at the front counter. The tech crew is working on mine as we speak but it makes for a long day. My phone is ringing along with the other phone I’m signed into. So I’m running back and forth and trying to keep up!

Oh well such is life we all deal with it differently. Me I just go on and move to a new desk and work on.

Jealousy - Resentful or painful desire for another's advantages: covetousness, enviousness, envy. See desire.

Envy - noun: pl., -vies.

a. A feeling of discontent and resentment aroused by and in conjunction with desire for the possessions or qualities of another.
b. The object of such feeling: Their new pool made them the envy of their neighbors.
2. Obsolete Malevolence.
transitive verb: -vied, -vy•ing, -vies.
1. To feel envy toward.
2. To regard with envy.
derivatives
en'vi•er
noun
en'vy•ing•ly
adverb
synonyms:
1. envy, begrudge, covet These verbs mean to feel resentful or painful desire for another's advantages or possessions. Envy, the most general, combines discontent, resentment, and desire: “When I peruse the conquered fame of heroes and the victories of mighty generals, I do not envy the generals” (Walt Whitman) Begrudge stresses ill will and reluctance to acknowledge another's right or claim: Why begrudge him his success? Covet stresses a secret or culpable longing for something to which one has no right: “We hate no people and covet no people's lands” (Wendell L. Willkie)

Does this sound like someone you know? I think I have someone that is jealous that I have such a great group of friends. That I have a wonderful family and that I enjoy my life. I think this person is so bitter that they have to lash out at anyone that has it better then they do. I actually feel sorry for this person. I can’t imagine being so hateful and bitter. Even with the nasty things that this person has said I truly can forgive her. She needs help and she needs to find love.
I hope that you can find forgiveness in yourself. I hope that you can find joy and happiness but until you learn to let go and let God into your life it won’t happen. I will pray for you! I’m sorry that you have so much hate.

Jane


Jane

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I hope that your computer is fixed and working again so you can be at your own desk!!!!