God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Wow, I have all of the carpet out of the scrap room and all of the tack strips and staples pulled out. Tonight I’m going to work on the floor and putting stuff up. I think I might just run into Sherwin Williams on Sunday and pick up a gallon of paint. I just need to decide what color I want to paint it. I think I could have it done in just a few hours it’s a small room.

I hate that the floor has a lot of staining on it but you know even with the stains it’s so much better then that nasty old carpet that was in there and it’s going to be so much easier to take care of with the scraps of paper and trying to find stuff when I drop it.

I’ll try to take a picture of the mess before I start cleaning up tonight. It’s a disaster area you can only get in a little corner of the room and don’t you know the stuff I want on that wall is buried on the other wall!

Oh well I’ll get it moved some how. Where there is a will there is a way. Saturday, Sabrina and I are going to the outlet malls. I want to get Mikaela a little pair of Oshkosh bibs, I would get Londyn a pair but don’t know what size to buy her and I’m going to see if I can find a pair for Maya and McKenna also I would love to get all of the girls in a picture with matching outfits!

Mikaela and McKenna our M & M’s have both grown so much! They are such big girls! McKenna is sitting up by herself and trying to scoot I don’t think she’s going to crawl. And Mikaela if you lay her down to change her diaper she tries to sit straight up hasn’t made it yet but she sure tries. And she rolling over at will now it’s so cute. We had her on her belly at my mom’s the other day and she managed to army crawl off her blanket so she’s going to be crawling before to much longer. The doctor said that she’s hitting her milestones about 4 weeks early.

Laugh out loud can you tell grandma loves her to death! I got to see my Maya this week to…she is so special. She loves her Nana she told her mom that she wanted to see Nana and that Nana’s house was just right over there. So I got to see her. I can’t tell you how fun it is to be a grandmother there is nothing like it in the world. You love your own children to death but grandchildren are just as special if not more so. When you are raising you own children you have so much pressure with everything. When you’re a grandparent you can do the little things like picking up a can of formula or a bag of diapers. If you see a cute outfit you can pick it up.

That’s the greatest part!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I can't wait to see your room when it is finished. Your post makes me miss my parents (they are in Colorado)and my grandma, she was the best! So glad you are enjoying them.

LadySnow said...

Sounds like you have been very busy. Yes..children are a blessing. Have fun shopping with Sabrina! :D