God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Friday, December 21, 2007

It's Friday! It's Friday! Today is my last day of work until January 2nd :) Can you tell I'm thrilled? I'm hoping that they let us off work at 4:00. If they do I'm taking my Christmas Gift Card and going to Applebee's for dinner then going to Walmart to get lunch meat for subs and sandwiches for Christmas night.

I'm going to try to get some laundry done tonight and run the sweeper through the house. I scrubbed all of the floors last weekend so with just me there they are still clean just need a quick sweep. Then Saturday I'll clean the frig and start on the cooking. I want to get the veggie pizza, subs in the freezer, ice cream mix cooked and in the frig so I can make home made ice cream Christmas night and of course stuff cooked for Mac Salad.

I may even break down and make some no bakes. I wanted to make divinity but I can't make it by myself. I have to have another person at the house to help dip it out before it sets up.

If Sabrina and Brian come down Sunday maybe I can get her to help me make it :)

I'm also going to start carrying stuff up to mom's. We will all meet up there Christmas morning so no need to have the presents at my house I'll just start getting them up there so I don't have a bunch of stuff on Christmas morning!

Oh I have to tell you guys about Bandit...he is getting so fat. I don't feed him all that much but I think he's found someone else to give him hand outs. And he of course hunts a lot so between his new found hand out place and what he catches along with what I feed him he is so fat he waddles. When I get my camera back from Brian I'll share some pictures of him. His belly actually sticks out on the sides :) He is so hilarious!

And add to the fact that he loves to be a lazy cat too needless to say I'm going to have to put him on a diet. He comes in the house when I get home from work carries on till I feed him. Then he crawls up in the rocking chair and sleeps in it or on the back of the couch with his head on my shoulder until about 11. Then he goes out potties and comes back in and sleeps all night :) So I guess I should try to get him to move a little at night.

Well I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

Love and hugs!

God Bless,

Jane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

here's to hoping for a short day!!!

merry christmas, jane. we'll try to stop by and say hey. maya would LOVE to see you. :)