God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

O the joys of winter in Ohio. We got 5 ½ inches of snow yesterday and today through tonight we are expecting another inch or two of snow and then several inches of freezing rain. Doesn’t that just sound so wonderful? JOY JOY!

A lady I know calls her laundry Mt Washmore I think that’s a great way to term the mess I have sitting sorted in my bedroom and bathroom. And it doesn’t even include the 2 beds I need to strip! So if we get all the nice freezing rain tonight tomorrow I will tackle Mt. Washmore instead of working. I refuse to drive in a couple of inches of ice. Don’t mind the snow to awfully bad but I will Not drive in ice.

So I got my kit from The Shaker Box last night ohhhhhhh it’s so pretty! I’m normally not a valentine type girl but this is just tooooo pretty! It’s drool central for sure.

I’ve got 2 more layouts to finish for one DT try out and 4 for another along with an altered item that’s almost finished. Unfortunately, both places require that it’s stuff that’s not been seen any place before not even our blogs so I can’t share with you till after the call is finished :( and that makes me really sad because these turned out just way to cute.

I did finish my Deck of Me for Week 2. We were supposed to talk about what is powerful to you. I choose Love because I think it’s the most powerful emotion of all. The layout is all digital and the paper is by Andie Smith you can find her at Pink Ink Studios. I love her work and think she is one of the sweetest people I know.




Well need to get out of here I hope everyone has a safe, happy and warm day.

God Bless,

jane

1 comment:

Linda said...

There you go again teasing about having the kit. I love the shaped paper so much I bought some of it already at the lss.

Love your card. I need to start that challenge. I finally bought the cards, which I need to used before dh tries to steal them again for poker night.