God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I probably said a few things yesterday I shouldn’t have about the MB. But, I’ve watched friend after friend being bashed and hurt beyond belief and the owner of this board still doesn’t see it. I just can’t understand how 5, 6 or even 7 people can see it but that the one person that could put a stop to all of it just doesn’t get why we are upset. She thinks we are bashing the other person.

OH well enough of that.

Today is one of those days I would love to crawl right back in bed and sleep till noon. My medicine is still playing lets see how sick we can make Jane with my stomach. Antibiotic and my other meds just aren’t a good mix.

I guess it would probably help to give you a little idea of who I am.

I’m a single mom of 3 great kids. My oldest is back in college after being in the Army. He would still be in the Army if his knees weren’t in such bad shape. That is all he ever wanted and now he has had to give it up. My daughter is in her final yr of Law School at Ohio State, and my youngest if a freshman at Ohio University. He leaves for Disney January 30th for an 8 month internship. He is so excited he has a count down clock set up and can tell you to the minute when he arrives at Disney.

I have a couple of nasty diseases, Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), Fibromyalgia and Graves Disease along with some that are more just nuisance things like Sjogrens which leaves me with a constant dry mouth. I take Enbrel, Plaquinal and a host of other drugs to help control the ra. And since they all suppress my immune system I always seem to be getting colds and other types of bugs.

But, enough about that…RA doesn’t define who I am it just makes me part of the whole.

Most of the time I’m an upbeat can do sort of person. I like to spend time chatting with my friends in person and on the web. I think that friends are among the most important things you can have in your life.

I like to scrapbook both paper and digital. It’s my creative outlet to see a couple of sheets of paper come together and tell a story always makes me smile. I love looking at other folks scrapbooks. The talent in this industry is unbelievable and just the talents in the little group of friends I chat with is amazing.

Well I think that is it for today, I’m so sleepy today that I think I’ll take a nap during my break.

Take care and thanks for reading my ramblings.

No comments: