God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
"Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But, if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything."
---Muhammad Ali

"We are driven to create at this deep wordless level of the soul because we are all fashioned in the image of a God who is an Artist." - Michael Card, Scribbling in the Sand.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

I'm so excited I got a new lawn mower today :)



Isn't it wonderful no more pushing a mower!

Its Thursday…I woke up this morning with pink eye. One of the lovelies of having RA is that you are susceptible to everything. Since I also have Sjogren Syndrome my eyes are always gritty and itchy but this is just plain old pink eye. I go to the eye doc at 2:55 this afternoon. I really shouldn’t be at work but because of opening of the quarter; I can’t take time off we aren’t allowed off except on our death bed. I had to ask the director to be off long enough to go get meds.

So what does everyone have planned for the Labor day weekend? Sabrina and Brian along with Mikaela are coming down on Saturday. Sunday I have to work from 10:00 to 4:00 and Monday I’m going to try to do as little as possible.

I have a ton of pictures I would love to scarp and if it’s nice I am going to maybe drive out to one of the lakes in the area and take some pictures. We are blessed with lakes all around us, Lake Snowden is less then 5 minutes from my house, we have 3 state lakes close by along with Old Man’s Cave with is a state park that is a load of fun to go to.

If I really get ambitious I may even go up to Rockbridge and shoot some of the old company houses.

Well better go!

Hope you all have a great Labor day weekend.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, I love your new Lawn Mower!!!!!!! That will look great in your front yard! Is it a girl? Maybe if it has babies I can have one too!!! She is very cute!!!!! Great LO's lately!!! You've been rolling!! I hope your pink eye gets better soon! I hate pink eye! Have a great night!

LadySnow said...

I will be praying that you pink eye goes away soon. Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your granddaughter! :)

Alli said...

Great lawn mower..I am sure my boys would love to have one of those kinds!!!! LOL!!!! Can't wait for the long weekend.....heading up to the mountains where hopefully it's cooler!~